I’ve done speaking engagements and interviews on retirement and aging all over the U.S. and around the world. If you’d like to book me for a program or event, please get in touch here.
My book, Jolt: Stories of Trauma and Transformation, was featured on the Thom Hartmann radio program, in U.S. News and World Report, CBS Radio, Reuters, Yahoo! Finance, Forbes.com, PBS NextAvenue.org, MakeItBetter.net, Live From the Heartland radio show, syndicated columnist Lenore Skenazy, Where2Now.net and podcasts including Jazzed About Work, Second Act Stories, the Chronicle of Philanthropy and the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Speaking engagements to discuss the book included the National Institute on Retirement Security, Encore.org and the American Society on Aging, City Lit Books, Bookends & Beginnings, H.O.M.E and Northwestern University’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
I’m a frequent guest on radio and television to discuss Social Security, Medicare and retirement income. Appearances include CNN, WTTW-TV Chicago, WFLD-TV Chicago, Morninsgtar.com, Reuters TV, Facebook Live with Jean Chatzky, The Diane Rehm Show, Thom Hartman, Jill on Money, CSPAN Washington Journal and Minnesota Public Radio and The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow
Other public speaking appearances include the National Academy of Social Insurance, the Business Forum on Aging, the World Aging & Generations Congress 2009 in St. Gallen, Switzerland, the Silver Market Phenomenon conference in Tokyo, the Positive Aging Conference, the Silicon Valley Boomer Venture Summit, and the What’s Next Boomer Business Summit.
Drop me a note to inquire about booking me for an interview, or to speak at your organization’s event.
- How the new landmark Medicare bill will lower prescription drug costsThe climate and healthcare legislation that Congress is set to approve later this week includes the most important improvements to the Medicare program in nearly two decades. The changes aim to address one of the biggest […]
- Big changes are looming in MedicareThis week on the podcast, we take a wide-ranging look at important changes going on in Medicare. My guest is a top expert on the program – Phillip Moeller. Phil is an award-winning financial journalist and […]
- Putting a value on timeThis week on the podcast, let’s talk about the value of time. Time has value to us – both in personal and economic terms. It’s something we often fail to consider when making decisions about how […]
- How much does high inflation really affect retirees?It’s a truism that high inflation hits hardest for people on fixed incomes—especially retirees. And seniors are telling pollsters that high inflation is among their top worries. But the actual impact of inflation on retirees is more […]
- Want to do something about your ailing retirement investments? Don’t.When the stock market gets volatile, retirement investors are naturally inclined to want to do something about it. We certainly are at such a point now. The S&P 500 has plunged 21.1% so far this year, […]