I’ve done speaking engagements and interviews on retirement and aging all over the U.S. and around the world. If you’d like to book me for a program or event, please get in touch here.
My book, Jolt: Stories of Trauma and Transformation, was featured on the Thom Hartmann radio program, in U.S. News and World Report, CBS Radio, Reuters, Yahoo! Finance, Forbes.com, PBS NextAvenue.org, MakeItBetter.net, Live From the Heartland radio show, syndicated columnist Lenore Skenazy, Where2Now.net and podcasts including Jazzed About Work, Second Act Stories, the Chronicle of Philanthropy and the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Speaking engagements to discuss the book included the National Institute on Retirement Security, Encore.org and the American Society on Aging, City Lit Books, Bookends & Beginnings, H.O.M.E and Northwestern University’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
I’m a frequent guest on radio and television to discuss Social Security, Medicare and retirement income. Appearances include CNN, WTTW-TV Chicago, WFLD-TV Chicago, Morninsgtar.com, Reuters TV, Facebook Live with Jean Chatzky, The Diane Rehm Show, Thom Hartman, Jill on Money, CSPAN Washington Journal and Minnesota Public Radio and The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow
Other public speaking appearances include the National Academy of Social Insurance, the Business Forum on Aging, the World Aging & Generations Congress 2009 in St. Gallen, Switzerland, the Silver Market Phenomenon conference in Tokyo, the Positive Aging Conference, the Silicon Valley Boomer Venture Summit, and the What’s Next Boomer Business Summit.
Drop me a note to inquire about booking me for an interview, or to speak at your organization’s event.
- The 8.7% Social Security COLA: An inside lookOn this edition of the podcast, we take a look at the historic 8.7% cost-of-living adjustment in Social Security benefits announced for 2023. The Social Security Administration announced that benefits will rise by 8.7% in 2023. […]
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Social Security’s COLA – and then someLater this week, Social Security will announce the largest inflation adjustment to benefits in four decades. With interest in the COLA running very high this year, I posted a story for The New York Times today […]
- Feds crack down on Joe Namath and William Shatner adsYou’ve seen the tv ads – football great Joe Namath – or Star Trek legend William Shatner – pitch you on Medicare plans that will “add money back into your Social Security check,” deliver extra benefits […]
- How the new landmark Medicare bill will lower prescription drug costsThe climate and healthcare legislation that Congress is set to approve later this week includes the most important improvements to the Medicare program in nearly two decades. The changes aim to address one of the biggest […]
- Big changes are looming in MedicareThis week on the podcast, we take a wide-ranging look at important changes going on in Medicare. My guest is a top expert on the program – Phillip Moeller. Phil is an award-winning financial journalist and […]