I’ve done speaking engagements and interviews on retirement and aging all over the U.S. and around the world. If you’d like to book me for a program or event, please get in touch here.
My book, Jolt: Stories of Trauma and Transformation, was featured on the Thom Hartmann radio program, in U.S. News and World Report, CBS Radio, Reuters, Yahoo! Finance, Forbes.com, PBS NextAvenue.org, MakeItBetter.net, Live From the Heartland radio show, syndicated columnist Lenore Skenazy, Where2Now.net and podcasts including Jazzed About Work, Second Act Stories, the Chronicle of Philanthropy and the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Speaking engagements to discuss the book included the National Institute on Retirement Security, Encore.org and the American Society on Aging, City Lit Books, Bookends & Beginnings, H.O.M.E and Northwestern University’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
I’m a frequent guest on radio and television to discuss Social Security, Medicare and retirement income. Appearances include CNN, WTTW-TV Chicago, WFLD-TV Chicago, Morninsgtar.com, Reuters TV, Facebook Live with Jean Chatzky, The Diane Rehm Show, Thom Hartman, Jill on Money, CSPAN Washington Journal and Minnesota Public Radio and The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow
Other public speaking appearances include the National Academy of Social Insurance, the Business Forum on Aging, the World Aging & Generations Congress 2009 in St. Gallen, Switzerland, the Silver Market Phenomenon conference in Tokyo, the Positive Aging Conference, the Silicon Valley Boomer Venture Summit, and the What’s Next Boomer Business Summit.
Drop me a note to inquire about booking me for an interview, or to speak at your organization’s event.
- Inflation and the markets take a bite out of retirement confidenceThe U.S. economy is in much better shape today than it was during the Great Recession. But persistent inflation and last year’s sharp stock market decline have shaken the confidence of American workers and retirees about … Read more
- HSAs May Work Best as Tax SheltersHealthcare costs are undoubtedly one of the top challenges that retirees face—especially when overall inflation is running hotter than at any time in the past few decades. Enter the health savings account, which offers an unmatched tax … Read more
- States are tackling the long-term care problemHere’s a tough reality to face: most of us will slow down as we get older. You might be very active, independent, and engaged in your 60s, and beyond, but at some point that independence starts … Read more
- Retirement Reboot: Listen to the podcast seriesListen to a series of podcasts focused on the key themes of Retirement Reboot: Commonsense Financial Strategies for Getting Back on Track. The six episodes feature conversations with expert guests discussing Social Security, Medicare, saving for … Read more
- Retirement Rebootcast Episode Six: Toward a New Social Insurance EraThis week, the newsletter features the last episode of the Retirement Rebootcast – the special podcast series on my new book – Retirement Reboot: Commonsense Financial Strategies for Getting Back on Track. Retirement Reboot is chock full of practical … Read more