My guest on the podcast this week is Kerry Hannon, an expert on the future of work and careers. Kerry is a columnist for Yahoo! Finance – and the author of an excellent and timely new book that considers ways that older workers can succeed in the pandemic labor market. It’s called In Control At 50 – How to Succeed in the New World of Work.
If you are struggling to determine your late-career moves in the pandemic labor market, Kerry’s book is for you. In this conversation, we focused on the five key themes of In Control at 50+:
- Remote work is no longer a perk
- Contract positions are swelling
- Midlife entrepreneurship is increasingly viable
- Older workers are making “dream” career changes
- Lifelong learning remains valuable